Saturday, February 18, 2006

EURGH.

Eurgh, sums up the day I had.

I went to East Coast to cycle with Alvin, it was a fiasco right from the start. I changed the tubing of the bike two days ago. Promptly, it blew up in my face again, prompting me to replace it AGAIN at the price of $7.50(This one has a different bulb to it, the traditional bicycle tubing bulb). The first time it blew up I was at East Coast, so I had to walk all the way back to Kembangan to the bike store

Heading off to East Coast, I had my Lunch if you can call it that, it was around 5 pm, but it was the second meal of the day for me. We were cycling, cycling, cycling, and promptly the front tyre bit the dust.

GOD DAMN IT, THIRD TIME IN TWO DAYS, WHAT THE FUCK, IS THIS A $2.50 BIKE OR A $2500 BIKE??

I was so fucking pissed, it meant that I had to repeat the whole walk-back to Kembangan routine again. It was around 7-8 when Alvin and I reached the bike store, I parked the bike there and told them I would pick it up tomorrow. So now it's in the store somewhere, to be honest, I don't really care, I don't want to see it anymore, I want it shipped off to Australia, to it's rightful owner, I don't want anything to do with it anymore, the sight of it just revolts me already.

I took some pics though, I'll have them up later, I'm not posting the pics of the bike wash, since it pains me to see the bike all cleaned like that, and then knowing it gave way at ECP, forcing me to walk the whole fucking bike back, enough of it.


And now I have to add something else to my already fucking busy schedule tomorrow.

  • Pick Up Bike
  • Hope that the tyre doesn't deflate again, or that the frame doesn't come apart, or that the discs fall off, or the seat falls off or the wheels come off or the pedals come apart or the gears come loose or the chain falls out or gets stuck.
  • Pick up Lucasi
  • Go to Lewin's house.
  • Grimace at the fact that basically no one's coming to his house, and that I have a brand new cue that I can't use at the moment.



On a lighter note, I've been looking through some old school stuff, and promptly, I started looking at THIS. Hilarious shit

IN A.D 2101, WAR WAS BEGINNING

Captain: What happen?
Mechanic: Somebody set us up the bomb
Operator: We get signal
Captain: What!
Operator: Main screen turn on
Captain:It's you.
CATS: How are you gentlemen.
CATS: All your base are belong to us.
CATS:You are on your way to destruction
Captain: What you say !!
CATS: You have no chance to survive, make your time.
CATS: Ha ha ha.

This was a poorly translated Japanese-English game called Zero Wing in the early 1990s. The monotonous voice acting and poor "Engrish"(See wikipedia: Engrish) made it a cult favourite in the early 2000s. It had been years since I last heard the All your base phrase, ah nostalgia.

2 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Y said...

Nah, the bike is perfectly fine. It's just that the tube sux0rs. The next time it blows up in your face, get a branded tube like Tioga or Continental (preferred and I'll subsidise it for you to S$7.50). And try to find another shop. You'll never know if your Kembangan shop has put in some pins and needles in the tyre. And to be on the safe side, release the air and repump it to your liking when you get back home. This makes sure the bike shop didn't over inflate the tube on purpose.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Y said...

Oh yes, please take detailed photos of the bike. I want to make sure that they haven't been swiping components from the bike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home