Friday, May 27, 2005

"Stupid", and "Lame", two examples of cliche's in Singapore

What is up with teenagers nowadays(Yes, I am one, but bear with me, I CAN rebut my own age group can't I?), they use the word "Stupid" and "Lame" as if they're so fucking smart. It's just like the Malay word "Sial" it's so overused, it's cliche'. I know, I may be Chinese Indonesian, but I was raised in Singapore to speak Malay, not Indonesian, so yes, I speak Malay with a slight Malay accent.


They go about saying "Ape sial!", "Eh, pergi la sial", the word "Sial" means unlucky, and it's become cliche'd that people don't mind using it on themselves.


Aaaannnywayyyy, I just can't stand the usage of the word Stupid anymore, not to offend, or to single out a specific group, but I find that most people who use this word are:

Female
Aged: 13-16
Persona: Act Cute.


Yes, It's the "Act Cutes" who love to use the word stupid, even though they're dumb as a tree trunk floating in a river. Do one mistake, and the scenario goes like this

*Mistake*
She: Stupid la you
Me: Fuck you la, think you so smart is it?
She: *Runs away, crying*
Me: Stupid bitch.

It's always that same group of people.

Lame is also another cliche' word. It's actually used for people who have such low intellects that they do not fathom your joke. See, jokes need intelligence for people to understand them, if you have no intelligence, you cannot understand the joke. The scenario goes like this.

*Extremely hilarious, high intellect joke on MSN*
Him: Lame
Me: KTHX, dumbass.
Him: JoKeZZzzZZ is L4m3 l4rzzzzzzzzzZzzZZZZZ!!111!!one!!11
Me: Wtf, how much did you get for Maths?
Him: WhyZz?Z/!1
Me: Because you seem to like Algebra. (For those who don't get it, look at his previous sentence, it has numbers and letters, similar to Algebra, it's my own little joke)
Him: Wtf
Me: Dumb fuck.

See, another thing is 1337 Sp34k. People who use this either like:

1. Algebra
2. Be Crazy, or IS crazy.
3. Give people reading their message migranes.
4. Simply tick people off.


I daresay they'er mostly under the number "2" category. It's not decorative to type L1k D1ZzZzZ!!! If I wrote my blog in 1337 Sp34k, you'd be wanting to shoot me.




By3Z!

(Bye!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home